we ran a 5k last weekend. I haven't ran in so long, it really kicked my butt-but it has inspired me to get back into running. Naomi came and did it with us. It was her first 5K ever. I'm so prous of her. She did awesome. we also took a few girls from the school. It was really fun.
It's starting to get HOT! I went to wal-mart and bought a little pool for $4.50. It's been a HIT. Even if there isn't water, they play in it all day long.
My wonderful husband planted me a garden. I'm so excited. I already have peas, radishes, cucumbers, tomatos and many other lovely plants sprouting. YIPPIE!!!
My mom bought me this stroller for christmas and we just got it out and put it together last week. The girls LOVED it! Dusky would drive around the parking lot and stop in front of the house and Kaia would say "i GOTTA do that again!"
Sienna's new thing is...She points at everyone she sees and says "It's a girl!"I seriously don't know where she got that, but it's really funny.
Kaia is little miss grown up. She talks like she's 30. we were sitting at the table the other night and she looked at me and said "Give me your best shot....I can handle it!"
She also came in the other morning and said "Mom, Senny's a LIAR!"
I said "Seriously Kaia, Sienna can say like TWO words. I'm pretty sure she's not a liar" but then she informed me "She IS. She is a liar!"
I don't know what to do with little miss Kaia. She was totally potty trained. she would even sleep without a diaper, then we went to Utah. She was so busy playing with her cousins that she peed her pants for the first few days. ever since we got home, she pees her pants all the time. It makes me furious because she knows when she has to go, and she knows how to go on the toilet, she just won't do it. So i've started putting diapers on her again. Any advice from all you wise mothers out there?

3 comments:
I can't help with the potty training, since Ammon is almost 3 and still has not desire. EXCITED TO BE WITH YOU GUYS!!!!! LOVE YA
Your girls are so cute. I love seeing what they have been up to. Nothing too crazy lately. Maybe I should knock on wood for your sake.
AAawww Tadhg did that same thing!! He was potty trained before Olive was born and then when she was born he started peeing in his pants again! I knew he would because of the change but it was still annoying as crap!
Here's my potty suggestion for what it is worth... I don't think you would want to do something that was rewarding every time because she is going to be too smart for that and she is going to use it for her benefit. So I would make a chart then I would think of something that she really likes to do that you can not let her do anymore so you can reward her with it when she fills up her chart.(Wow, that was a long sentence1) But be realistic, make it something that you can actually take away effectively and remember it doesn't have to be an actual object it can be an activity like maybe playing as outside as long as you usually let her. Telling her, "Well, you probably better come inside now because I'm not sure if I can trust you to tell me when you have to go to the potty. And we certainly don't want you going to the bathroom in your pants again. Maybe you better come in and have a rest with Sienna"... Then tell her "I know it's hard to remember to go potty in the toilet sometimes! But I'm sure you will probably remember soon! And when you do you can do (what ever you thought of that a "big girl can do") And to help you remember I made you this chart so every time you go potty you can put a sticker on it! Then when it is full I'm sure you probably won't forget and then you can (special thing)!!"
OK, so the key words in that phrase are YOU always make it her problem that she is going in her pants and not yours! It's a control thing... I'm sure you figured that... so even when she still does pee in her pants even with the chart you can say "No problem I understand, sometimes it's hard. But I'm sure you will remember next time." Of course this will be confusing to her so she will probably pee in her pants a few times just to test you, so stay strong! And just repeat the above! Then she will probably figure out that it is really only effecting her. You can also say to her when she pees her pants "oh, how sad for you! But don't worry, I'm sure you will remember next time."
Then to really effect her you can really make it a problem for her by doing something like if she asks you to read her an extra book tell her "You know I am just so tired from doing extra laundry having to wash all those clothes that you have been peeing in. But I'll tell you what, try me again tomorrow!"
OK, so the moral of the story... make it her issue and not yours!! Use the word "you" and not "me" make it sad for her and don't let her know how pissed off you get when you have to change her pants! Cuz it is annoying! I would also consider not putting her in diapers in the day. Put her in jeans so it will really bug her when she is wet! So all of those phrases emphasize that it is her problem and not yours but still tell her that you believe in her and you know she can do it!
That was the longest post I have ever written! So it better work! Let me know! ( I have been listening to parenting CD's can you tell!)
GOOD LUCK!!
Post a Comment