GOULDING FAM

GOULDING FAM

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OUR LONDON TRIP.....

We left for London last friday. It was the longest day of my life. We got buddy passes from Zach and we either had to leave from Alexandria at 7:00am and wait at the airport for 8 hours, or drive to Houston. So we decided to leave at 7. By the time we got to the Houston airport Sienna was NOT feeling good. She had a really bad fever. We were debating whether we should go or not. Our flight was delayed so we ended up staying in the airport for 10 hours. We finally met up with Zach and Tasha and got on our flight to London. Sienna fell asleep the second we took off, and slept the WHOLE flight (almost 9 hours). I was worried the whole time. I thought we shouldn't have come. We were giving Sienna tylenol and motrin and her fever was over 103 the entire time. Even with the medicine. She was totally miserable. I felt so bad. Kaia watched her movies (luckily we all had our own tv and that entertained Kaia). She finally fell asleep and we made a bed for her on the floor. She slept the rest of the flight. They were both awesome. They didn't cry at all. I just felt bad for Senny, I knew she didn't feel good at all. Right before we landed Sienna started sweating like crazy and her fever finally broke. When she woke up, she found Kaia on the floor and I guess she wanted to be close to her because she climbed down on the floor, laid right on top of Kaia (poor Kaia) and fell back asleep. It was the funniest thing. They both slept like that for about a half an hour and then we had to move them. Kaia was soaked from Sienna's snot and drool.We had to give Sienna a little medicine on Saturday, and then she was fine. Her fever never came back. WIERD.
We landed and 8:30 Saturday morning (which was 2:30 our time). We got on the train, went to the hotel and met up with my mom, dad, Naomi, and Tanner. We had showers and went straight to sightseeing.

Our hotel was right next to St. Paul's Church. It was so pretty. I LOVED London. All of the old buildings. It's amazing that they didn't have the resources back then that we do now, and they still built these amazing buildings.

We took a bus tour around the city. It stopped at a whole bunch of places and you could get off and on whenever you wanted. We saw the London Bridge, where the "Great Fire" was started, the Tower and lots of other places. We also took a boat tour through the river.

Us and "Big Ben"
The girls were AWESOME. Well, Sienna was a little onery the first day (but she didn't feel good so we'll let that slide). They just tagged along and whenever they got tired they would have a nap in their stroller.


The whole fam damily!
(Tanner had one of his pilot friends that met us over there. So he was our official picture taker)

This castle was amazing. This is where they hold all of the jewels, crowns, etc of all the England royalty. We saw all of the battle stations, torture chambers, and everything else in this OLD place.
Kaia's favorite part of the entire trip was chasing the birds. She thought it was the funniest thing. She would laugh her head off. And she LOVED going "underground" (The train)

Buckingham Palace.

Playing at the park across from Buckingham Palace.




A church.

Parliament

Feeling better. She is starting to do the cheesiest smiles. Especially when she is doing something she knows she shouldn't.
We left Tuesday morning. We got up at 5:00am (11:00pm our time), went to the airport and got on our 10 hour flight home. The girls were CHAMPIONS. Neither of them cried AT ALL the whole flight. They watched movies, colored, ate snacks and slept. Kaia kept telling me "I don't want to go home, I want to go out to London and see Grandma again"
It was soooo much fun. Thanks family, for a great time like always!
We got home and I went straight to my doctors appointment. Little baby sister is doing just fine.

5 comments:

fivewheeler said...

most people take "quick trips" to places like mesquite not London! Very cool and I am a little green(with jealousy) today. So glad you had fun and that Sienna is better. Can't wait until you come visit. Love you guys.

Holt Bunch said...

We do the funnest things don't we?
I miss thoe little girls

MIKE AND SAMMI said...

What a fun trip! So exciting to see that you will be having another girl as well. Isn't it crazy to see how different your two are, and wonder what this one will be like? I can't wait:)

Two Drty Lil' Hands said...

oh my goodness! So jealous :) looks like tons of fun! YOu have such a cute family! And congrats on girl #3!!! I'm super excited for you guys, 3 little girls is going to be a blast!

laceeJ said...

Did you remind any of the Brits that we kicked their trash with pitchforks about 200 years ago? he he