I have been horrible at updating my blog lately, but we've just been going, going, going....
The girls are changing sooo much. Especially Sienna. She is talking more and more everyday. She finally puts sentences together. She says "Thank mommy!" after everything I do. She is so in love with her dad right now. She always wants him. When he's gone she walks around the house saying "Where daddy go?"
I had my glucose test at the doctor's office a few weeks ago (the one where you have to drink the nasty stuff and sit there for an hour and then they take your blood). My blood sugar level came back high. It was 152 and they said if it is over 140 then they have to send me to the hospital to do the "real" test.
So I had to go to the hospital (and I couldn't eat anything the night before-which doesn't usually work out good for me even when I'm not pregnant). They put an IV in me and tested my fasting blood sugar level. Then I had to drink this NASTY stuff and they checked my blood sugar level every hour for 3 hours. It was HORRIBLE. I was soooo sick. I kept blacking out and dry heaving into the toilet. and I just had to sit there for THREE hours.
The doctor called me later that day and told me that I have gestational diabetes. So I had to go back into her office the next morning and she gave me prescriptions for all the equipment to test my blood sugar level ($150 later). I have to prick my finger and test my blood every morning when I wake up and 2 hours after every meal. In the morning she wants my level to be under 90 and under 130 after every meal.
So far I haven't changed my diet AT ALL and every morning my blood sugar level has been in the 70's and in the 90's after every meal. I've been doing it for like 2.5 weeks. So I think it's a bunch of crap. I must have just been having a bad day when they tested me or something. But we'll see what the doctor says when I go back in.
Anyway, The girls and I went to Georgia for a few days with my mom. My mom bought them a little table and chairs and some dishes and they played with them the entire time. I had to sit at this little tiny table and kaia poured me water for about 4 days straight. They were having a blast. I left the girls up there and flew home on Wednesday for Jenny's baby shower. It was really fun. Dusky had to leave Thursday to drive a student up to atlanta, so I flew up friday morning and we all spent the weekend up there. Friday night my dad took us all to the Atlanta Hawks vs. Jazz game. It was fun. We had AWESOME seats. The girls loved the game and all the Birdies (Hawks mascots).
Sunday we drove home and now I'm trying to get my house cleaned and everything ready for Christmas. How is it Christmas already? This is crazy.
We had family pictures taken at Thanksgiving. It was long over due.
The WHOLE Goulding Clan (except Dustin)









5 comments:
My gosh!!! That piture of her and jesus looks AWSOME! What a talented woman!
Lana is very talented and I love your pictures. By the way sisal now has a pic of Dustin photoshoped.
i love all these pics of them!
LOve the pic that Lana did! Where was Dustin? Was he taking the picture? That last pic of her cheesin it...she looks a lot like Bristol in that pic!
Cute fam. That is an awesome picture of Kaia and Jesus. What a special gift that she will treasure. Hope your feeling well, it's downhill from here!
Post a Comment