I'm so glad this question was asked this month. Because if it would have been last month I would have had to say no. I went to Georgia a few weeks ago and there is this GREAT trail around the lake. It inspired me to start running again. Maybe it was a combination of the beautiful lake, my new ipod+ running shoes, and georgia. When I lived in Georgia I worked out more than I ever have in my life. We did 5k races like every weekend and I did my first ever triathalon. Plus, Dusky is on this healthy fitness craze. It's great. We are eating a lot better and on the days that I don't want to run, he goes and runs like 8 miles and makes me feel like a slacker. It really gets me going. We've been running everyday. I even rode my bike 8 miles yesterday. That's the first time i've ridden my bike in 2 1/2 years and although my butt is extremely sore, I feel good. So far Dusky has signed us up for a 5 mile run, 2 5k's and a triathalon. All in the next 3 weeks. So I guess that's my motivation to continue to train. I don't want to look like an idiot crawling over the finish line.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Coley
My new running shoes are also my inspiration to get on my treadmill every morning as well. It also doesn't help that my mom is running a half marathon on Saturday and it makes me tired just thinking about it. Good luck with your races!
Go you!!
I am in desperate need to find my motivation so I can get back on track.
Post a Comment