We've been busy here at the Goulding house. Two weekends ago we flew up to Georgia for a few days. We just had our carry ons and as we were walking out of security in the Atlanta airport I realized that one of our bags was missing. I had left it in the middle of the hallway and got onto the train without it. My dad went back through security and checked every where. That was 2 weeks ago and we still haven't found it. Which really stinks because we had lots of stuff in there that we wanted.
Then last weekend my mom and I took a quick little girls trip to Utah to do some juice plus presentations. I left the girls with Dusky on Thursday and I came home on Saturday. The girls had a blast and I don't think they even knew I was gone. They had Oatmeal and Macaroni & Cheese the whole time. Zach and Tasha also came down to watch the girls while Dusky was in school. I have the greatest family ever. Thanks guys.
I was so excited to come home and see my family. So this is how my Sunday went......
Put Kaia & Sienna down for a nap.
Dusky & I think they are sleeping so we go have a nap.
Wake up to someone screaming.
Walk in the girls room.
It is TOTALLY DESTROYED. Kaia had pulled out every drawer she has and they were spread across the floor. ALL of her toys were spread across the floor, I couldn't even get to Sienna's crib to get her out without clearing a pathway. Unfortunatly I couldn't find my camera, and I couldn't wait. I made Kaia clean it immediately because I was getting so claustrophobic.
So we go in and put a movie on and I lay down on the couch while the girls are playing on the floor. A few minutes later I realize that I must have fallen asleep and it is really quiet. The girls are no longer in the living room. Right then Kaia comes around the corner with THAT look on her face. I said "What have you been doing?" and she said "Playing with Scissors!!!" I immediately thought 'Oh crap, she probably cut up a piece of paper to a million little pieces and it's spread across my house.'
But it was worse than that. I walked into the kitchen and there was hair all over the floor. That's when she said "I cut Senny's hair!" Like she was all proud of herself. So I look at my poor sweet baby and she's got about 4 chunks out of the top of her head that are cut right at the scalp. SCARY!!! I'm glad she didn't cut her head open.
But don't worry because she moved the chair over, climbed up on the counter, opened up the drawer and put the scissors back when she was done.
It's a good thing Sienna is a Goulding and has really thick hair. I can do a little comb over and you can't even tell.
10 comments:
Ahhhhh! I swear, Nicole, you have the craziest stories! :)
Aren't kids great!!
Wow!!! If it isn't one thing....right? I thought my girls kept me on my toes. Yours wins!!
You've got your hands full, that's for sure. It's rough when there are no breaks for mom.
Wow you guys have had a lot going on. I'm sorry about the hair. They think they are being such good helpers.
I guess Kaia is destined to take after her mom. Awesome. I am glad you made it home but I feel ripped off because I didn't even get to see you while you were here. Sorry. I refused to bring 3 kids to the juice presentation...nobody would have heard a thing. Anywho, tell dusk hi and give your girlies a SQUEEZE.
I love your last paragraph..
"don't worry, she moved a chair, climbed on the counter, open the draw and put the scissors away when she was done"
She probably had the scissors in her hand the whole way...what a girl! She CRACKS me UP! I wish I could get in that girls head and see that brain at work.
Ah Kaia, always the resourceful one.. :-) She wants to be liker her momma and cut hair, right?
What a girl, that is so funny. I wouldn't know what to do, but maybe yell, instead you take pictures. LOVE YOU!!! I wish I could see Senny's hair better than that. Sorry!!! !)
Kaia just wants to be a hair dresser like her mama!
Post a Comment