Well, we've got our generators, water, food 72 hour kits, etc.....and now we just wait. It's kind of crazy. The highway in front of my house is so jam packed with evacuees that you can't even cross it. New Orleans to Baton Rouge is usually an hour drive and it was taking people 10-12 hours to get that far. We've got shelters set up here in Alexandria and we turned our church into a shelter as well. The college up the road has it's parking lot filled with about 70 ambulances and emergency vehicles. I've never really seen anything like this before. So we're having a Hurricane Party! Wish y'all could be here to join us. haha
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I have enlisted all the help I can get for you guys in the line of prayers. I have called all the siblings on both sides- Daniel and ours. We love you and know all will be fine. The LORD IS ON THY SIDE~
please be safe and keep us posted. You ARE in our prayers as well. dusky don't be a dace and try and chase the hurricane out in to the ocean. love you and let us know how the party turns out!
Sounds crazy! I am sure your party is going to be a blast! lol Be safe and take care we love you.
you know me and tyler wish we were there with ya : )
hey Nicole, I found your blog on my moms blog. Goodluck with the hurricane, thats scary. But your little girls are adorable... Its good to see your blog and to see you guys are doing good!
I just read your mom's email and she has informed us that ya'll are safe and sound. The Gouldings are party animals.
Corky and I lived through Hurricane Isabel back in 2003. As scary as it was, it was also exciting and fun!!! (we didn't have kids to worry about yet)
Can't wait to get an update about how everything is going.
WTH? Okay, NOT humerous? Are you scared out of your mind or what. I would be! EEk!
good luck?
Post a Comment