GOULDING FAM

GOULDING FAM

Monday, August 18, 2008

TRIATHALON..WHOO WHOO!

Triathalon time came on Saturday....



Why is there no pictures of Dusky you ask.....Well, I'll tell you.....
My lovely husband signed us up to do a triathalon. I had a total of 1 week to train for it. So in that one week I swam once (the only time I've swam in the last 2 1/2 years) and I biked once (again, the only time in the last 2 1/2 years)
Dusky swam once and biked once. In fact, he bought his bike right before we left to go down to Lafayette where the race was.
So, I got in the pool, swam my little heart out (good thing it was only 200 yards), ran over to my bike and started pedaling like a champion. Half way through the 10 mile bike ride it started pouring. It was kind of fun riding in the rain, but I could hardly open my eyes it was coming down so hard.
I get to the end of my biking course and the people at the end tell me "THEY CANCELLED THE RACE! Just go back"
I was so mad. I did almost the entire triathalon for NOTHING!!!! Then I find out. They cancelled the race at Dusky. They stopped everybody when it was Dusky's turn to get in the pool. He didn't have to do any of it.
Ha ha. It's kind of funny! I actually had fun. I hope they reschedule it. Maybe i'll be more prepared next time.

In other Goulding news....
Ever since lake powell, Kaia is totally obsessed with swimming. We have to take her every single day. The other night I came home and Dusky had both of the girls in the bath tub. (it looks like Dusky is naked but don't worry, they all have their swimming suits on)
Kaia found her swimming suit and she wouldn't leave him alone. She followed him around saying "I wanna go simmin' dad" She's a persistant little child so finally he just put them in the bath tub. They had a blast and we've done it like every night since then.

4 comments:

Goodrich said...

It really looks like Dusky is in the buff, maybe because of how he is sitting. I sure miss you guys, when are you coming to visit? Not soon enough. We love and miss you tons.

Bec said...

that sucks!! you did all that and then they cancelled! dang! and dusky didn't even do it! hahaha

That is so funny about the swimming! I put Zach in the bath multiple times a day because he loves it so much! Tell Dusky I like the picture (wink, wink) :)

laceeJ said...

is he wearing anything?????

Robbie said...

Nic you may think Mr. Phelps rocks the hizzie, but no my friend it's you who rocks the mighty hizzie. Any woman with two kids who does 2/3 of a triathalon and doesn't get some kind of freaking gold medal is the ultimate hizzie rocker! Viva La Nic
By the way Dusk it's not to late to become a male model, I'm available to be your agent. Loves