DAY 2
We slept in this lovely morning. We were pretty tired and jet lagged. We finally drug ourselves out of bed and headed to the metro. It was so handy having it that close.
We went down to the LOUVE...
It was the biggest museum I've ever seen. We could have spent 12 days there and not saw everything. Although, it was really cool I'm glad we didn't stay there long enough to see it all. :) I'm not a big museum type of gal. But the architecture back in the day is so amazing. It baffles me that we have all the tools and equipment to make things these days and our buildings are nothing compared to what they used to be when it was done by hand.
I forgot to mention that we went to Scottsboro Alabama a few weeks ago to a place called "Unclaimed Baggage." It's a big warehouse that buys all of the airlines Unclaimed Baggage and sells everything for cheap. It was AWESOME! Like a big, nice DI. Dusky got a SWEET camera for less than half the original price. It's so fun to have a camera again. Dusky is definately the picture taker in the family, so when he has a camera is the only time we really get good pictures.




Once again, their favorite part of the day was chasing the birds. Oh how easy they are to entertain.





The Big Pyramid is where you enter the museum
Da Baby Eja. Sucking down a cold bottle. She was seriously the champion about drinking SUPER COLD bottles. I didn't have anywhere to warm them up most of the time so I just stuck them in her mouth and she sucked them down. I love that little girl
So pretty

Going Down....to the museum
They had amazing paintings on the ceiling
And many sculptures

This painting was HUGE
This building was U shaped. That is just one wing, and there were 3 stories.
Do we blend in?
There she is. I told you she was LARGE
LIttle Stinky Pants...Oooooh I wanna pinch those cheeks!!! She finally got to hang out, army crawl, and roll around the grass.
There were these big Hedges in rows right outside the Louve. The girls had a blast running through them.
She's definately her FATHER'S CHILD!!!
The birds would come right down into her hand. She was in Heaven!
Not sure what the purpose of the painted white tree in the middle of the fountain was, but it looked kind of cool.
Dusky LOVED all of the sculptures. =)
All of the street corners had really cool fountains or sculptures. It was such a beautiful city!

Bubble Man on the corner. The girls loved the bubbles...of course! They were very large
And there she is....MONA
Bubble Man on the corner. The girls loved the bubbles...of course! They were very large
A whole street just for shopping. It was pretty fun. THey had a whole lot of restaurants and expensive stores. It was fun to walk along and window shop.
We even got to see Lady Gaga....oh wait...is that really her...i can't tell...
Well, if it's not she borrowed her AWESOME meat dress and walked her lovely little self all the way down the street listening to Lady Gaga on her boom box. Totally Cool! Except the meat on her hip kept falling down so she had to hold it up with her left hand. Then when she had an itch on her face she would let go of the meat and use those same nasty fingers to scratch.
The Arch of Triumph.
After the Arch of Triumph we returned to our hotel, where we jumped on the beds, ate a little food, and began our slumber. I'd say it was a successful day!
1 comments:
Those photos are amazing!!! Can't wait to see you again- not soon enough
Post a Comment