On Friday October 15th I left the kids at home with Dusky and flew to Salt Lake for Andrea's Wedding. Stacie picked me up, we went to her house and made Andrea's wedding cake, got a little haircut, and hung out for a while. Kristi, Stacie and I went to dinner then headed down to the institute. We met Lana down there and helped set up for Andrea's reception.
The next morning we went to the wedding, which was AWESOME! Andrea looked sooo gorgeous. The the fabulous luncheon at Rodizios then the reception. Everything was beautiful. It was so much fun to see the girls. It's been too long since we had a girls weekend.
After the reception I headed to the airport. I knew I wasn't going to make it on a flight straight to atlanta until monday, and I wanted to get home...so I took a red eye to New York. I spent the first half of the day hanging out with myself in New York, where I purchase many Black and White Cookies. YUM YUM! Then I made it home to Atlanta that afternoon. Dusky started his vacation time so he had 2 & 1/2 weeks off.
The next day while we were on our way to meet my family for lunch Dusky said " I really want to go to Paris! I checked the flights this morning and they are wide open!" I was a bit reluctant at first because I had been gone, and we were going to Utah for the deer hunt right after but Dusky called his mom and dad and talked them into meeting us there. So 4 hours later we were on our way to the airport. The best part is, I had to pack for Paris and Utah and I hadn't done any laundry yet. So in the midst of my packing, cleaning the house, getting the girls ready, and doing 3 hair cuts, I forgot to pack Eja any clothes. She had the clothes she was wearing and 1 other pair. This is where Dusky's mission skills came in handy. He is an expert and washing clothes by hand. So everynight he would wash her clothes in the sink of the hotel room and lay them out to dry so she could wear them YET AGAIN.
Paris was so much fun. We flew from Atlanta straight to Paris. We left at 8:30pm so the girls slept most of the flight. (Except Kaia) Kaia would have stayed awake the whole flight if Dusky hadn't finally made her turn off Toy Story 3 (for her 3rd time watching it in a row) and lay down. I am always amazed at how wonderful my children are. They are troopers. They just go with the flow and don't complain about anything. We are blessed parents. We arrived in Paris Tuesday morning and Dusky's parents landed about 5 minutes before we did. It worked out really well.
I have TONS of pictures so I'm going to break it into days...
DAY 1
This is how we roll...
1 comments:
Cant' wait to see MORE! Bring them on! NExt time....call me!
Post a Comment