GOULDING FAM

GOULDING FAM

Sunday, May 18, 2008

MEOW!!!

I though I would give you a little sample of what we experienced today. During sacrament meeting Kaia decided she wanted to be a kitty cat. She said "Meeeeeooooow, meeeeeooooow, meeeeeooooow!" over and over and over. Everytime I would tell her to "Shhhh" she would get louder. Everybody kept looking back at us because you honestly couldn't even hear what the speaker was saying she was so loud. It was pretty dang funny! Everyone was laughing. (Well, not everyone, just most people)

By the way, I am in need of advice. My stinkin' cute little daughter won't go to nursery. It's so wierd. I thought she would love it but she cries if Dusky or I leave and so the nursery people just bring her out to us. So she continues to cry, because she knows they'll come and get mom and dad. I was so excited to be able to go to class and listen and not have to chase her around, but we've tried this for 3 weeks in a row and it's not working out very well.

On to another subject.....Kaia loves to hold Senny. That's what she calls her. Everytime Sienna cries Kaia runs up, starts rubbing her head and says "Why Senny? Why?" Well, she has actually started saying "Senna" the last little while, but it's really cute

4 comments:

Goodrich said...

I don't have a lot of great advice, but it took Alex and Ammon a little while to enjoy class, but now when we go to a different ward, both of them get mad and have a harder time going to class. Make sure she is busy playing and let the nursery workers keep her for 20-30 minutes and see what happens. She will start liking it, maybe get her playing with other kids then slowly make your way to the door and sneak out. Best of luck.

laceeJ said...

I'm in nursery in our ward, and the nursery leader knows her stuff. She tells the parents to NOT stay in there because the kids milk thier parents and it just makes it worse. We are supposed to try for 20-30 minutes, even if they cry it out, if they're crying longer than that, then we get the parents. IF the nursery teachers won't try long enough, then have a talk with the primary pres. Cuz that's what was going on with our previous nursery leaders before we got in and those kids knew what strings to pull:)! Cry = mom & dad attention time! If that doesn't work (20-30 min thing) do the reverse psychology thing. you HAVE to sit on my lap or daddy's lap, not even a chair, not get down at all when you're with us in class, OR you can get down and play all you want in nursery. That was corbin's experience and it seems to work with some kids in our ward also. Good luck! But remember, the longer you hang out in there with her when you take her, the harder it will be for her to watch you leave, or leave when she's not looking. That was my mistake, I stayed too long to "see how he was doing". Dave had to take him cuz he knew mom was a sucker!

renhallows said...

One day I was helping in the nursery and this dad would NOT leave his son. The dad stayed the whole first hour and the son cried most of the time, the dad was there. Finally, he left, thinking the mom was going to stay in there for the 2nd hour...but she didn't and he was fine. He cried for a few minutes and then was fine. I think, just like the others said...tell the sisters to keep her for a while longer. Creed is a cry baby too in nursery...but I open the door, push him in and run down the hallway as fast as I can. When I come back in 2 hours...he is happy and ready for a nap. And I enjoyed my 2 classes. good luck, this is a hard one.

Bec said...

hahah that is SO funny! If i were in your sacrament meeting I would have been laughing : ) Your Mother's day pictures are so cute! You are your girls are so beautiful!