Thanks to Tara I found this site for a Tuesday Tell All. Every Tuesday there is a new topic to write about and I'm going to start doing it since I am horrible and writing in a journal. I know it's already Thursday but better late than never.
Topic This week....Motherhood!
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.It is to decide forever to have your heart go walkingaround outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone
~Elizabeth Stone
MY FIRST EXPERIENCE AS A MOM....
How do you explain the way you feel the first time they put your brand new baby in your arms. I don't think you can. But I had Kaia at 1:17 in the morning and after 2 days of having contractions and 2 nights of absolutely no sleep I was so in love with my brand new baby that I couldn't sleep all night. I remember that I kept turning the light on to look at her in her little bassinet next to my bed. Finally I just took her out and laid her next to me. I watched her all night long. It's amazing how much I loved her. I didn't even know her yet.
BEST MOM ADVICE.....
I am certainly not an expert on this whole mother thing. The one thing I do know is DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF! Who cares if the house is dirty or if you have to change kids clothes 25 times a day, cherish every moment you have with your children. They grow up way too fast.
THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY MOM....
Everything I know. She invented Don't sweat the small stuff. I remember getting into her favorite lipstick and painting it all over my entire body from head to toe and when she saw me she just started laughing and ran to grab the camera. She has been such a help to me since I've had my kids. In fact, the other night Dusky and I were really tired and Dusky said "man, I wish your mom was here. She helps us out a lot. She always lets us sleep!"
As I was sitting in church the other day I thought about my mom and what a wonderful example she is to me. She took 4 kids to church every single week by herself. It would have been so easy to not go because she didn't have help but she wanted to teach us the gospel. I love you mom. You're a good girl!
WHY I LOVE BEING A MOM....
I have two little girls who love me unconditionally. They think I'm great and they forgive me so easily when I do something they don't like.
I never get bored.
I don't look so stupid when I spill on myself. People think it's because of my kids.
I love little girls clothes. They are so fun to dress up.
I love that I have the ability to comfort someone by just picking them up and hugging them.
I love my kids
THINGS I NEVER DID UNTIL I BECAME A MOM...
Get poop on my hand.
Function on NO sleep
Feel guilty for doing the dishes or sitting at the computer instead of playing with my kids.
Get excited to go on a "date" with my husband to the grocery store.
Miss someone so bad it hurts when they are sleeping right down the hall.
Feel like I'm having a really good day when I get to shower AND do my hair and make-up.
Say "Honey, Please dont throw poopy diapers in the tub, that's Yucky!!!"
Fold every batch of laundry 12 times because somebody keeps coming through and undoing what I've done.
And much, much more.
I love being a mom and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with my wonderful children. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!!!!!
5 comments:
Cute idea. I will have to check out the website. Motherhood definitely makes you do things you never thought you could do.
I love the idea! I'm going to copy you!!! It sounds like you are doing great Coley! What would we do without our kids to keep us busy?!
You about said it all, Coley. You did forget one thing, the first time you hear "Mama" come out of those precious mouths. You are a wonderful mom.
Yea. I am glad that you did the Tuesday Tell All. It was fun to read your post. Being a mom is great.
NICOLE- I LOVE YOU- I am a loving the idea as well as crying as I read your entry. You are a great strength to me. Thanks for being my sister
Post a Comment